What does a mafia boss know about marketing?
Lots. Do you remember in the movie “The Godfather” when Don Corleone says, “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse?”
It is this simple concept that is the backbone of any successful sales proposition you make. However, I’d probably leave out the threats of violence in your sales piece.
From now on, your job is to create such powerful offers that anyone reading it would say to themselves, “My goodness, I’d have to be a complete idiot not to take them up on this deal!”.
Creating a powerful offer like this is easier than you think.
Let me share with you one of the most compelling offers I’ve seen. It took a dying hotel on the wrong side of the Vegas Strip, where you had to watch your wallet at every turn, and transformed it into a super moneymaker.
The following is from a successful ad that used to run for Bob Stupak’s Vegas World Hotel. Listen to this deal and see if you wouldn’t act on this even if you were just an occasional gambler.
“Act now, to receive a virtually free Las Vegas vacation.
For $198 per person or @396 per couple, I will:
- Put you up in a luxurious mini suite in an exciting Las Vegas hotel right on the famous strip.
- I will give you free tickets to a show with name entertainers
- I will put a chilled bottle of champagne in your room for free.
- I’ll let you drink as much as you want for free, whether you are at the gaming tables, playing slots, or in one of the lounges.
- I will give you $1000 of my money to gamble with for free.
- I’ll let you keep all of your winnings.
- I’ll guarantee you will win a color TV, VCR, or a faux diamond ring.
- Obviously, I’m not going to give this incredible deal to everybody in the whole world. There can only be 10 of these vacation packages available. First come First served.
Wow. That to me is an irresistible offer. The closer you can get to something like this, the more customers you will have falling all over themselves to give you their money.
How can you use this?
The best way I know of is paper and ink. You can give them a series of valuable reports with any purchase. YOU could even make this information available as a download from your website so you would have zero distribution costs.
Or you could make deals with other businesses where they’d let you give away a product or service from them to your customers. If you really use your imagination here, you will come up with lots of ways to create a “Bonus Pile”.
Well, that’s it for this issue. Next time I’ll write about another solution to problems you might be having and how to reverse them. If you need step-by-step instructions on how to implement this and other ideas I give on creating customers. Please go to www.buildyourbusinessfast.com and sign up for my one-on-one coaching program.
You can’t lose by investing just $20/month in the growth of your business. You probably tip more than your investment each month. Invest in the growth of your business. After you subscribe we will arrange a one-hour phone call and I’ll show you a way to get 10/25 prospects per month on LinkedIn. If you aren’t convinced after this phone call, I’ll refund your $20. Guaranteed.