Probably 99.9 out of 100 prospects will not spend the time to read your unsolicited ad or direct mail piece.
The reason is that you are “interrupting their lives.”
The simple act of having an ad or sales letter before a prospect will bring them to the proverbial “fork in the road” and forces them to make a decision to either read on or not read your message.
Every time the customer’s eyes move from one word to the next, from one sentence to the next sentence, from one paragraph to the next, they reach yet another fork in the road. Now they have to decide whether they are going to keep reading the ad or not.
What makes your prospect make the wrong decision and drop your ad into the nearest trash bin? Here are five reasons to look at…
- Unsuitability: Your prospect already has what you are offering and quickly decides your product is of no interest to them.
- Boredom: Most of the time ads are very boring so they stop reading it.
- Disbelief: Your claims are too exaggerated or even dishonest and they figure that they can’t trust anything you say. So always tell the truth.
- Exhaustion: Your ad is so difficult to read and impossible to follow, that they simply give up on reading any more.
- Interruption: This is probably the number one reason a prospective customer stops reading your offer. Something just happened to take their attention away from reading. They now will deal with the immediate crisis instead of continuing to read your offer.
I’m sure you can come up with more items but this should give you a start. Let us know why you stop reading an ad or sales piece.
If you need step-by-step instructions on how to implement this and other ideas I give on creating customers, just visit Build Your Business Fast Academy and sign up for my one-on-one coaching program.
This program can help you transform your business and learn from my years of experience and success, in which I created over 6 million customers.
MY MODULES are also available as INDIVIDUAL E-BOOKS. (Download the e-books here)
Invest in the growth of your business. After you subscribe, we will arrange a phone call and I’ll show you a way to get 10/25 prospects per month on LinkedIn, as well as other marketing strategies.